May 4 before the election only one to state Bloomberg may not win due to voter anger...used my political art poster lampooning king Mike - media blacked out. My YouTube channel was removed. Google apologized. http://youtu.be/_Tz4eMcP2LU
The YouTube that said No to renewing SAIC CityTime.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

coop to condo and other thoughts on the extinction of coops, "old "New York, etc.

I felt "compelled" to sell my  studio in coop which was in a converted factory from the early 1900's and the city -- well I felt like the city had a gun to my head and was forcing me to buy another place...it has a mafia kind of feeling but hey it is all legal...  I lived there for 20 years and when I first started living there, there were guys resting against the building smoking crack.   Times have changed.  I never want to live in a coop again, ever.

Do you notice in this tsunami of development there are no coops....

Gee, I wonder why?

When we have the next tsunami of development in another 10 years when another bored billionaire is mayor,  maybe there won't be a single condo just like there are no coops now.  I imagine all zoning will be thrown out the window along with what what left of old New York... The entire city will look like Wall Street and Dubai with a few "little buildings" as "museums" or private houses.

The sky piercing mirrored hotels, condos and mega dorms reflect a history destroyed and a community no longer welcome.  You can visit a recreation of New York City in a museum or Las Vegas.