Christine Quinn Chuck Meara Eve of 9-11 Anniversary Email from Suzannah Troy re Ambulance Scandal St. Vincent's Hospital 250 Broadway Rudin Scandal
Google Christine Quinn Chuck Meara
Google Suzannah B. Troy Norman Siegel City Hall Meeting Christine Quinn
- Norman Siegel
- Suzannah B Troy
- Barbara Ruether
- A. Timothy Lunceford
- Hold Town hall meeting.
- Release statistics on FDNY EMS Response and Transit Times for St Vincent's area / her district to the community, as promised at CB2 meeting (on videotape) and reneged the following week by NYFD personnel.
- Investigation of why ambulance took 35 min to respond 250 Broadway on March 6, 2012 AM during the Public Hearing last week.
- Norman asked for an investigation by the mayor's office because
- People who were opponents to the Rudin plan were turned away.
- Only two city council members were there to listen to testimony.
- It was not democratic or an even playing field as the only public hearing for the community to speak.
- Ask for a formal apology.
- Children, Seniors, and the sick, are the most vulnerable silent populations and that also includes the low income children that are left alone now without a hospital. We need a full service hospital.
- Following up with speaker from press conference regarding Miguel Acevedo speech (on videotape):
- What are low-income minorities to do that live in her district?
- Stats show the fact rapes are up in the neighborhood and the Rape crisis is closed, since SVH closed. Restore a Rape Center on the westside.
- AIDS patient's in the neighborhood have been driven all across the city for healthcare. Why?
- The point being is that more condos pushes population growth and underscores the harsh reality we need a full service hospital.
- That current plans for the Comprehensive Health Center will not treat 10% of population that arrive at it's door and must be transported across and up town to full service hospitals.
- That removal of the tanks from the Triangle Park insure that O'toole and SVH site will never be a hospital again because of NYS regulations.
- Terror attacks leave NYC in greater jeopardy when there is yet another terrorist attack.
- We need a trauma level 1 Hospital center and Emergency Room on the west side of Manhattan.
- Add floors to O'Toole and a hospital can be created with a will of private and government monies by adding 3 to 4 floors to create the needed Hospital and Rudin still gets SVH to build Luxury apartments.