May 4 before the election only one to state Bloomberg may not win due to voter anger...used my political art poster lampooning king Mike - media blacked out. My YouTube channel was removed. Google apologized. http://youtu.be/_Tz4eMcP2LU
The YouTube that said No to renewing SAIC CityTime.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

housing crisis, unreal real estate , so many different "unrealities" harsh reailtes

The only thing the mayor, Amanda Burden and John Sexton have not provided is NYU trolleys, buses and trains to move us out to make room for NYU's unending need to expand.

Unlike Columbia U., NYU doesn't need to abuse eminent domain. The New York Times used eminent domain to make way for their new building and everyone knows the battle continues on over with Ratner and Co. in Brooklyn.

There is the mortgage crisis which as hit all of the USA including New York and it hit people of economic strata.

People use all kinds of tactis to push people out and the agenda is greed and silencing anyone who dares to speak up. I have to pinch myself to remind myself this is a democracy.

Sometimes it feels like the people that use words like organized crime, well it seems or should I say "feels" criminal and very organized.   I feel compelled to sell my coop -- my studio of 20 years and and than it felt  -- it feels to me -- like the City of New York does everything but hold a gun to your head to pressure you to re-invest and stay here.

I saw a piece on the news about a guy out west that found oil on his ranch and they interviewed an American Indian who say that was there land.

The "skyline" of the NYC has changed drastically as they city streets, subways look in the worst shape in years with hastily built supersized mega dorms, condos and sky piercing hotels with day infrastructure concerns that are extremely worrisome and it affordable housing and small businesses need preserving along with our community members.  This also includes people that own as well; they too have to deal with push outs as well.   I believe there will be major assessments that push coop owners and some condo owners out as well.

When it comes to geography globally speaking it is really ugly --- may look beautiful from the photos astronauts take from way above the Heavens but down here doesn't feel beautiful on days like today it feels criminal.