May 4 before the election only one to state Bloomberg may not win due to voter anger...used my political art poster lampooning king Mike - media blacked out. My YouTube channel was removed. Google apologized. http://youtu.be/_Tz4eMcP2LU
The YouTube that said No to renewing SAIC CityTime.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

East Village, East East Village

I have throat burn and my stomach aches yet I am hungry.
It was great to see familiar faces, friendly faces but I also feel exhausted.  I would have been donating platelets but I let very selfish self absorbed people (that kid themselves they are not big nasty narcissists and that they are heroes) drain my energy so I just don't have the iron and energy I need to donate blood.   How ironic that the "new hideous New York is comprised of supersized mirrored buildings because the mirrors are the cheapest materials, soulless, cheap and perfect for self absorbed soulless wonders and believe they  can be found in every economic strata but it just seems the city is pushing "mirrors", a lot of smoke and mirrors.

Evictions continue to rise including small businesses that have no protection or rights as well.

The mortgage crisis hit people of all economic strata as well.  It is just too arrogant and stupid to think it could never happen to you or to condo owners or a house, etc.  Too selfish and too stupid to think you are the only one.  And it is not like Bear Stearns, there are no bail outs...

Yeah, I like that t-shirt about stupidity...

Be humble or you will tumble and that is true for all of us.   There are good rich people and good landlords.  There are also plenty that are not.  In any group you have your good and bad that is a no brainer.

I sent money to Hawaii to help a friend and helped out a long term very special person--artist, I admire even if he, they are nuts so I am feeling very drained.

I have always written my pieces and sent them to the newspapers and I will continue to do so.  Having an iphone makes it easy to see something, document it and email it asap to the newspapers and tv channels.

I have other ways to blog that involved audio which I am really interested in and I made this blog a while back when I thought I didn't have enough space on Suzannah B. Troy artist and for the over achievers or people that spend a few minutes to "think" you understand what this is about.

I know there are loyal "good vibe" readers so thank you for your interest in me, my thoughts and perspective.

I am here but I maybe working on other venues so enjoy these images and thoughts.

I am thinking of my Grandfather and his family on Ludlow St and how he left to move to the Bronx.   I am dealing with transitioning after 20 years in one place, a studio I owned and I didn't get it at an activist's price.  I bought it because I was tired of moving from sublet to sublet and buying seemed the smartest move.

I had to buy another property and quickly and my goal is to sell which is going to take me time and like my family leave.  If I had a surge in wealth I would buy a place here in NYC and have a place elsewhere.   I am not a developer/landlord with property here and Vermont, the Hamptons, etc.   

I miss friends that took the Express to Heaven way too young and the neighborhood I loved so much but I don't recognize it and the same with the faces.  There are a few magical people always remember me from way back.  Circa 20 years ago?, I even used to walk my friend's huge red doberman in Tompkins before he died and gave the dog away...very sad.


I feel life is short and I want major changes for the last chapters and that includes being around very positive uplifting people me included.

There have always been people speaking up before me and after me which is a comfort and there are the usuals that think they are getting away with what ever it is and they aren't.  I remember talking with a policeman and he and I talked about "dogs".  We agreed, "Every dog has his day" and sometimes "It is better to let sleeping dogs lie".    


Very tired so if nothing riles me too much I am taking a rest and directly writing the newspapers rather than blogging.

Thanks and gratitude to the real deal people that took/take a sincere and positive interest in me.
Suzannah B. Troy