May 4 before the election only one to state Bloomberg may not win due to voter anger...used my political art poster lampooning king Mike - media blacked out. My YouTube channel was removed. Google apologized. http://youtu.be/_Tz4eMcP2LU
The YouTube that said No to renewing SAIC CityTime.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

American Indian necklace from Common Ground to support Roland's store






My necklace it not an antique but it is a naja and blossoms that have spiritual significance and when I think of what I have gone through with the East Village -- East East Village it resonates in the present.

Roland did die and his nephew helped me pick out some items that spoke to my heart and I wanted to support Roland's store even though he took the Express to Heaven. I met him when he was on Greenwhich Ave. but had to move around the corner and finally here to 55 West 16th Street. Therewere times of crisis and turning to American Indian symbology in jewelry to wear with me was and is a great comfort. I have a ring that has the turtle, bear and more animal symbology that I adore and of course a lot of Buffalo images as well.

They had so me antique American Indian jewelry and some had the sign of the swastika backwards which symbolizes life.

I feel in love with a beautiful old ring that looks like a egg and of course I am thinking of fertility and rebirth but no symbology on the ring, actually don't know I said that, there is the sun, the sun is engraved in the ring twice... I fell in love with this optimistic old ring.

I also met a very cool American Indian gentleman, Cree tribe and I enjoyed speaking with him so much. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cree

Rest in peace Roland.

I have some Navajo pieces so here is a link to their website.   www.navajo.org