May 4 before the election only one to state Bloomberg may not win due to voter anger...used my political art poster lampooning king Mike - media blacked out. My YouTube channel was removed. Google apologized. http://youtu.be/_Tz4eMcP2LU
The YouTube that said No to renewing SAIC CityTime.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Settlement in the eviction battle 47 East 3rd Street

Needless to say the laws just seem to favor the rich and again the deepest pockets with the most powerful connections have won.

Yes, the tenants walk away with a settlement but not enough to stay in neighborhood unless you happen to know of any miracle affordable housing and we know the homeless shelters are filled to capacity with many homeless preferring the streets and park benches anyway.

I told a couple if they find me a boyfriend, a steady teddy (preferably younger),  that my cats and I can move in, they can rent from me!

Very sad day and as usual my inner  Mae West, my terrible sense of humor in the face of senseless greedy and injustice all about dollar and cents is aroused, it is the best of times it is the worst of times, Charles Dickens summed it all up -- daily life here in NYC, daily life globally.





"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times; it ws the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness; it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity; it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness; it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair; we had everything before us, we had nothing before us; we were all going directly to Heaven, we were all going the other way."

-- Charles Dickens

I said this year was the "Fall of Arrogance" and I had no idea how true that would be, I also keep talking about prime real estate in Hell but clearly those future tenants don't believe in Hell.     

So many people at the beginning of 2008, they were confident that nothing could touch them and their vast fortunes and they were wrong but arrogance and heady self absorbed narcissism can be found at all economic strata where strife is about them and only them  but this year has shown no one is immune or very few people are and more is to come...more people pushed out one way or another.