May 4 before the election only one to state Bloomberg may not win due to voter anger...used my political art poster lampooning king Mike - media blacked out. My YouTube channel was removed. Google apologized. http://youtu.be/_Tz4eMcP2LU
The YouTube that said No to renewing SAIC CityTime.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Cooper at it again on our old infrastructure





http://www.ny1.com/Default.aspx?ArID=69978

I am at the end of the interview on the video footage from New York 1 but my point is the mayor and his city planner pushed a tsunami of construction -- way too fast on our old infrastructure, the photo today shows huge heavy equipment -- which you can't get the feel of from my iphone camera to the massive construction, heavy cranes that just rock, crack and shake NYC's old infrastructure....I have huge concerns for the subway system where all this supersized mega domination by NYU and Cooper Union with Cooper Union's next goal to tear down the little yellow Science building and supersize right by a subway that leaks...
Today for people living or visiting New York City -- note how the streets look like Venice Italy, massive flooding and the subways are rotted and leak but instead of safety and infrastructure first the mayor and Amanda Burden forced an unsafe reckless community crushed development on this great city destroying what was left of it's soul and now it looks like Dubai and is one big generic shopping mall and student dormitory...welcome to the New hideous New York.

I have lived here longer than anywhere else in my life, only 25 years and I long to leave but it is easier said than done for so many reasons and so many people tell me they tried leaving only to return.

Walking around I saw so many friendly faces that remember me -- even an old Daddy guy that used to play some full court basketball with me on West 4th Street -- I don't recognize the neighborhood which changes daily with new stores replacing the Mom and Pop businesses and the most hideous buildings ever built in NYC's history.   I know in every era people felt that way but truly this has to be the most hideous ulgy buildings ever.