May 4 before the election only one to state Bloomberg may not win due to voter anger...used my political art poster lampooning king Mike - media blacked out. My YouTube channel was removed. Google apologized. http://youtu.be/_Tz4eMcP2LU
The YouTube that said No to renewing SAIC CityTime.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Eat, Pray and Love, I will pass by Suzannah B. Troy


Photo Adam Bernstein--Katmandu -- to see India photos go to his website...


I love Julia Robert's smile but I have to pass on this chick flick -- at least for now. My mom, I lovingly refer to her as "Attila the Mum" gave the film a thumbs up and said I must go see this movie. Just the travel visuals are sumptuous.


I asked Mom is there any Prozac in the film? I don't know if you are aware that movies get bucks for product placement? Sounds like no Prozac but the reason I ask is I tried reading the book and I thought it was awful. I recall before I threw the book in the garbage I remembered she was popping Prozac.


Please explain to me how people get book deals and movie deals because I would like them and I have more interesting stories to tell.




Anyway, after gobbling up "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" trilogy I did walk in to Barnes and Nobles and request they set up a table to console readers and give them a book list of books but so far B&N has not cashed in on my great idea.


I did find a great book on my own with the most awful title possible and you have no idea when it first starts that it is actually a good book.


"Enlightment for Idiots", yes, I did warn you an awful title. I am half way through and loving it. I am in India now -- in the book that is...rather visit vicariously via the author Anne Cushman. I am only half way through because my brain is so tired I just can't read anything except The New York Post and The New York Daily News and I am looking for corruption in NY politics and the horoscope. I am also looking at what they don't report... for the quirky fans of my YouTube on Mike Bloomberg series - including the one where I yell at him on the steps of City Hall and king Mike gives me the thumbs up -- here is yet another YouTube of me complaining the press won't cover any opposition to king Mike pre-the election as I re-work my portrait of king Mike Bloomberg. Unlike Diane Sawyer, I get bored talking about the same old thing so I have to resort to outrageous actions like "Mike Bloomberg no third term undies", etc. Okay my point being...I don't need to travel.


If you want to see an unusual strange flick about yoga, spirituality and India than rent "Enlighten Up". It is the un-Hollywoowood Yoga spiritual film with no Julia Roberts.... a bit strange but I liked it.


And I am ending with a local East Villager's photographs, Adam Bernstein...check out his photos of India if you want to say 12 dollars + another 10 for popcorn & water. I don't think I have the energy to sit through 15 minutes of coming attractions that I feel they should pay me to watch and a long Hollywoo-wwod movie right now.


I can't wait for the American Hollywoo-wood version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo though. I am waiting for the 3rd Swedish film in the series, "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" to open here in NYC and I will sprint to the movie theatre and get back to you. Thanks for checking in!


Note: The photo above was published with permission of Adam Bernstein