May 4 before the election only one to state Bloomberg may not win due to voter anger...used my political art poster lampooning king Mike - media blacked out. My YouTube channel was removed. Google apologized. http://youtu.be/_Tz4eMcP2LU
The YouTube that said No to renewing SAIC CityTime.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

NY Blood Center Needs Blood donations

http://www.nybloodcenter.org/index.jsp I have a donor card some where that says "Gallons of Blood". I have donated red blood cells which is quick for me -- maybe 10 minutes. I have donated platelets sometimes giving double donations because the nurse would give me a sad song about how much they needed them and I happen to be able to give double...story of my life... Platelets took me 50 minutes to an hour...a double obviously longer. You have a needle taking your blood out and shunting it in to a washer type machine and the machine separates the blood and takes the platelets which looks yellow like straw. Here I am donating platelets. I have donated white blood cells twice. You go to the NY Blood Center you are taken to a more private section and for me it was two hours of being completely still with a needle in both arms. I am not one for sitting still. I am so proud to know I was part of a group of complete strangers have come forward to give to help complete strangers... the first a little girl with Non-Hodgkins and the 2nd time I did it for a Hispanic male in his 20's fighting lymphoma and again I am so proud especially in a city where rich people give with their check books and people that don't give, just take -- I gave -- two hours....each time and towards the end you get really cold...you really feel some vital part of your life force leaving... the kind nurse that spends two hours with you gives you blankets and warmed soft gels to hold to keep your hands warm. You can only donate white blood cells 12 times in your life and you do replenish them. I don't donate anymore. Why? My lawyers, dear friends, activists, NYPD officers, medical doctors that know about what I have endured know. It took a toll on my body. When you are traumatized your body gets flooded with adrenal and cortisol and you get stuck there --- there are all kinds of side effects and I have had plenty of them... I have been told by my MD who has been with me since my early 20's and my acupuncturist who tells me if energy is a bank account yours is on empty to not give blood but take care of me. So please donate blood because I have donated huge amounts over the years and I am just too tired and run down to do so.