May 4 before the election only one to state Bloomberg may not win due to voter anger...used my political art poster lampooning king Mike - media blacked out. My YouTube channel was removed. Google apologized. http://youtu.be/_Tz4eMcP2LU
The YouTube that said No to renewing SAIC CityTime.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A win for the children Lower East Side

I am not going in to details yet but it is a win for "safety" for the children on the Lower East Side that attend school -- just too tired from all the disturbing changes in my life and geography although still close by...but it took me way too many years to find out there was such a thing as a community board, than I found it there is no point in going -- I call it the "orgy of admiration club" but before I stopped going I witnessed a fellow community member so outraged about the lack of safety measures for kids involving just crossing the streets.

Later he spoke again at another community gathering and ZERO had been done so I wrote passionate letters and they agreed to add more safety signs and check on the traffic lights.

When I unpacked some of my paperwork after "the big move" I found the letter and I WROTE ANOTHER letter more fiery and passionate and I think I mentioned that Mike Bloomberg could personally donate money for what we wanted to make is safer for the kids

AND I JUST GOT THE NEWS -- we are getting one.  

I am not spelling it all out -- I am not giving the details at this time but I will tell you when I got the letter about the moves the city was taking to make is safer, silly me -- I showed a community board member -- I think he is called a public member and he looked down at his nose at me and said YOU WILL NEVER GET blah blah blah.

We the "uncool" ungentleman was wrong and the kids that walk in and out of school and play around there are going to be a notch safer I hope.

Too tired and I want to see it in person before I elaborate BUT GETTING THE NEWS YESTERDAY MADE ME UNBELIEVABLY HAPPY -- unfortunately for me happiness is a difficult state to hold on to.


I don't have children but I love them and the city is just filled to the brim with them.  We laugh because even some famous gay bookstores have turned in to maternity stores so times and neighborhoods are a changing.  Just glad that 2 passionate community members got this to happen for the kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!    And thanks to whom ever in city government heard us and got the message even though it took a lot of messages.