Printable Version / PDF: http://www.yettakurland.com/svh/100days.pdf
Please Join Us for a Rally:
100 Days Without a Hospital
In an Emergency, Every Minute Counts
Sunday, October 17th at 2:00pm
The Former St. Vincent's Hospital on 7th Avenue at West 12th Street
OUR COMMUNITY NEEDS TO JOIN TOGETHER
TO BRING BACK ESSENTIAL
EMERGENCY AND HEALTHCARE SERVICES.
RALLY FOR A NEW VILLAGE HOSPITAL!
A LIFE IN A HEALTH CRISIS DEPENDS ON IT
STOP ST. VINCENT'S BUILDINGS FROM BEING TURNED INTO LUXURY CONDOS
• SENIORS know that every minute in an ambulance matters.
• PARENTS know that when a child is choking, every minute matters.
• Bike riders injured know that every minute matters.
• Strokes : the quicker the medical care the less the destruction.
• Heart Attacks: intervention time is essential.
• Auto accident casualties can be prevented if treated in time.
• Brain aneurysms need quick medical attention.
• Drug overdose can kill if intervention is delayed.
• Burn victims need immediate trauma treatment.
• For People with AIDS in a health crisis every minute matters.
• Another terrorist attac k or other disaster needs a Trauma 1 ER.
NONE OF THESE CRITICAL EMERGENCIES CAN BE TREATED AT AN URGENT CARE CENTER. NONE!
Urgent care means non-life-threatening care.
We need, deserve, and DEMAND a new, full-service hospital on the St. Vincent's
Hospital site, using the facilities and infrastructure already in place. There is
no reason to build a new hospital somewhere else, spending unnecessary millions
of dollars, letting the St. Vincent's facilities be turned into luxury condos. The
needs of the community come first, not the profits of developers.
Let 's join together to tell our elected officials
to find a way to BUILD A COMMUNITY-BASED HOSPITAL with
a full-service emergency room!
FOR MORE INFORMATION GO TO
COALITION FOR A NEW VILLAGE HOSPITAL