May 4 before the election only one to state Bloomberg may not win due to voter anger...used my political art poster lampooning king Mike - media blacked out. My YouTube channel was removed. Google apologized. http://youtu.be/_Tz4eMcP2LU
The YouTube that said No to renewing SAIC CityTime.

Sunday, November 2, 2008

random thoughts as usual

stream of consciousness and unconsciousness, as usual...saw a bit of NYC marathon and it moved me big--can't run, my knees are shot, my doctors are impressed with my walking...there is no technology to allow to me run unless I got a double amputation.   Every run I have done was my most passionate so I am satisfied.  It is just about "endings"... accepting that everything has a beginning and ending....everyone is going to die (I used to be in denial about that), the East Village Lower East Side Bowery died at least for me although supporters call it "progress".  My 2nd marathon I started way too fast and it was so painful but crossing the finish line I couldn't feel any pain in the moment just bliss; sometimes endings can be pleasurable, a good thing, peaceful and the terrible pain instantly forgotten.

Just love the NYC marathon and everyone running, the Achilles club http://www.achillestrackclub.org/and their volunteers, people running to honor memories, saw a woman honoring everyone from the PAPD that died 9-11, all the fund raising that is part of the NYC marathon all the mind blowing inspirational stories which are many!!!!!!!!!!!    I remember the woman Zoe Koplowitz (she has MS and diabetes) http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/2007-11-05-690576168_x.htm who would always be the last most amazing person to cross the finish line.   Also have to say thanks to Fred Lebow may he rest in peace who made this big 26.2 concrete love letter to NYC reality that touches people from all over the world literally as athletes donate their winning to their villages...the moving stories are unending...and the gift of giving  NYC  marathoner style...magical reminder we are a global village in some good ways...this is proof.

Just scary tired...really really tired...hard to read, think and focus....I wish I could escape NYC...NYC burnout but everyone who leaves tells me they felt no choice but to return to live here.... and I don't know where to move to....yet but I think of another ending that I am longing for, sorry but I do, maybe the feeling will pass.  I have not adjusted to this New hideous New York thanks to Mayor Mike Bloomberg, Amanda Burden socialite mega millionaire city planner and all their rich developer friends especially the Evil Empire NYU and their on going Purple Reign of terror.

Every moment in the city is an opportunity to do something good even just picking up a piece of litter and not succumb to all the negativity and self hatred people want to poison you with as if they can't bare to hate alone but again there are too many good people doing such goodness it is just about refocusing on the positive goodness and tuning out the negative upsetting thangs.  It isn't easy but it can be done.

Running the marathon is a blast and there is so much gratitude for all the volunteers, the NYPD and all the people that come out to cheer you -- the most diverse warm crowd...the best of New York and although the means people from all over the world -- today like after 9-11 when people from all over wanted to help you have this vibe like today -- everyone is  a New Yorker.

It is hard to feel discouraged here in NYC because there are just too many awesome inspiring people and for me that might the young man that gives up his subway seat for an old person clearly in need or someone picking up a piece of litter to the superstars that are shining today all 26.2 miles aka NYC Marathoners including all the volunteers!!!!!!!!!!!!