May 4 before the election only one to state Bloomberg may not win due to voter anger...used my political art poster lampooning king Mike - media blacked out. My YouTube channel was removed. Google apologized. http://youtu.be/_Tz4eMcP2LU
The YouTube that said No to renewing SAIC CityTime.

Saturday, August 23, 2008

NYU's mega destruction of St. Ann's NYU is the Evil Empire of the East Village, Purple Reign of Terror

I know everyone tells me, no, NYU is the Evil Empire period!   They tell me NYU destroyed the West Village, Chelsea, Stuy Town, down to the Seaport.  Yes, I hear you. NYU mega dormed the East Village to death.

Amanda Burden's high powered friends gave her her own spread in The NY Daily News saying she preserved the integrity of the East Village. 

The truth is she aided and abetted the tear down of St. Ann's at 120 East 12th Street which survived everything from 1847 except for NYU's need and greed to build yet another mega dorm in the East Village.

The USPS decided that when it comes to fire hydrants and sales of air space for multi-millions that their federal status puts them above the law and the safety of New Yorkers.  Yes, the USPS never notified the State of New York that they were selling air space over a historical site as they were suppose and if they had the State would have examined is this in the best interest of the community, is the safety choice to approve the air sale because of all kinds of concerns including infrastructure and environmental.

I had a letter published in AM New York, Jan. 11, 2007  "Destroying 'old' New York" which expressed safety concerns for the community here and city wide because of this way too rapid tusnami of community crushing development and on 'old' New York's infrastructure.

* in my poem "Buy Town, Stuy Town, affordable housing oxymoron"  I cover the issues city wide as well including a conversation I had with Amanda Burden about 120 East 12th Street.
I have a copy on www.suzannahbtroyartist.com and in itunes store.