May 4 before the election only one to state Bloomberg may not win due to voter anger...used my political art poster lampooning king Mike - media blacked out. My YouTube channel was removed. Google apologized. http://youtu.be/_Tz4eMcP2LU
The YouTube that said No to renewing SAIC CityTime.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Buddy Guy is truly an amazing dynamic jazz singer and performer!!!!!!!




















My dear regular loyal readers of my blog know I don't get out much and I try to have a boring life but it ain't easy.
I included a photo of the ceiling of the Hammerstien ballroom because I love the "old" New York feel which has so much heart, soul and character!!!!!!!

I didn't have a regular camera and my iphone doesn't have a zoom lense.  For me the best was George Thorogood.   He just had me laughing (love his dirty boy lyrics) when I wasn't screaming, singing, and dancing like a maniac  all from my chair because I did not want to fall off the balcony!


Buddy Guy has the most dynamic energy and he is no youngster. The ballroom was packed and he came down in to the main area on the floor playing and singing and the crowd parted for him as he made his way up the stairs to the side balconies and than decided to head in my direction up another set of stairs. Here is a photo from where I was sitting...where I stood up for Buddy Guy!!!   Buddy Guy had the energy of a youngster and moved about the entire ballroom through enormous crowds up and down the different sections like he was a 20 year old  gold medalist athlete in the Olympics!!!!

What an amazing performer!!!!!!!!! So much heart, soul and depth and more young performers should be emulating his work. I heard something like Jimi Hendrix decided to miss his own performance to hear Buddy Guy play or some folklore to that effect but you can't the point of the story.